- Announcement Number 14-23 - Administrative Assistant (Logistics Coordinator) ODC
- Foreign Service Officer Test (FSOT)
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Administrative Assistant (Logistics Coordinator) ODC
OPENING DATE: December 5, 2014
CLOSING DATE: December 19, 2014
WORK HOURS: Full Time; 40 hrs/week
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): Position Grade: FSN-7
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): Position Grade: FP-7 (to be confirmed by Washington)
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix A) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Sarajevo is seeking an individual for the position of Administrative Assistant (Logistics Coordinator) in the Office of Defense Cooperation (ODC) in Sarajevo.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
In charge of all program-related logistics support activities for the Military-to-Military Program (M2M) and the State Partnership Program (SPP). He/she assists in the logistics planning and execution of the programs, recognizing and realizing program development opportunities while building and maintaining solid relationships with the BiH Military and Defense-related personnel. The employee provides research, reporting, planning and advisory services of broad scope, complexity and sensitivity in the field of defense to EUCOM and the ODC Team.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office.
Contact: 033-704-000 (x4318).
All applicants are instructed to address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. IMPORTANT: IF APPLICANTS DO NOT CLEARLY ADDRESS ALL POSITION REQUIREMENTS LISTED BELOW, THE APPLICATION WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
- Two (2) years of college studies;
- Experience: Minimum of one (1) year experience of program management/administrative experience in an office environment;
- Level 4 (fluent knowledge) in English and Bosnian/Serbian/Croatian with interpreter/translator capabilities in both languages;
- Computer skills, to include Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Possession of a valid BiH driver's license.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
- Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174) or
- A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see Appendix B); or
- A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Please submit applications by e-Mail to SarajevoJobVacancy@state.gov.
POINT OF CONTACT:
Phone: +387 33 704 000 ext. 4318
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: DECEMBER 19, 2014
The U.S. Mission in Sarajevo provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief
Attention Americans in Bosnia and Herzegovina!
If you are interested in becoming a diplomat, please consider taking the Foreign Service Officer Test (FSOT). The U.S. Embassy will offer the test on Wednesday, February 4th, in Sarajevo.
In order to be eligible to take the FSOT, applicants must be:
- U.S. citizens on the date they submit their registration package
- At least 20 years old and no older than 59 years of age on the day you submit your registration
- At least 21 years old and not yet 60 on the day you are appointed as a Foreign Service Officer (FSO)
- Available for worldwide assignments, including Washington, D.C.
Even though you are not required to know a foreign language to become a Foreign Service Officer (FSO), proficiency in one or more languages will enhance your competitiveness for selection.
If you are a capable, healthy, and dedicated candidate who is prepared to undertake the challenges facing our country and the world, taking the FSOT is the first step towards becoming an FSO.
Wednesday, December 17, 2014 at 10:00 AM Central Time to Wednesday, January 28 2015 at 10:00 AM Central Time: The Pearson VUE seat selection portal will be open for candidates to schedule seats for the February testing window.
The Sarajevo testing site typically fills up quickly. Make sure to register early so that you get a seat! To find out more and register to take the FSOT, please visit Careers.state.gov website.