Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
BiH Entry Requirements for Minors


Beginning in May 2008, the immigration authorities of Bosnia and Herzegovina have begun to strictly enforce a provision of a Bosnian law that requires any minor (under 18) to have written permission from both parents to enter and leave the country. If traveling with one parent only, the minor is required to have written permission for the trip from the non-traveling parent. The written permission may be in either English or the local language and it must be notarized. If the minor's trip begins in BiH and the destination is the United States, parents' consent form can be notarized either by a Bosnian notary or court or at the Consular Section of the U. S. embassy, where the usual procedures for notarial services apply. Minors whose trips originate elsewhere should have the document notarized by a local notary or at the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.